SeekOps Inc. specializes in unmanned aerial solutions (UAS) for natural gas emissions identification, aerial inspection, and geospatial data analytics across the Energy & Waste Management industries. SeekOps® designs and manufactures ultra-lightweight, high sensitivity Tunable Laser Spectroscopy gas sensors for methane and other compounds. Our team works with energy companies to deploy these sensors on UAS and other mobile platforms. SeekOps® UAS systems and advanced algorithms provide a broad range of real-time gas release detection data, including localization and quantification in operational environments. At SeekOps® we believe that a quantitative, data driven approach to natural gas emissions monitoring is a key aspect of infrastructure integrity management, and that a comprehensive monitoring program drives operational excellence, thereby enhancing both environmental health and safety.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will work to evaluate and improve SeekOps® products and ensure strict compliance with international industry standard and government regulations. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers on a wide range of industrial problems.
- Design and test digital, analog and mixed signal circuits (op-amp circuits, analog filters, interface circuits, and signal conditioning)
- Circuit simulation of new designs and design modifications
- Write and test embedded firmware, and PC based scripts
- Build prototypes of power electronics circuits and sensors for design verification
- Verify and validate electro-mechanical design performance by establishing reliability, maintainability and durability test standards; building and testing prototypes; performing debugging procedures; conducting compatibility evaluations; analyzing test data; identifying, isolating and resolving performance problems
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using EagleCAD
- Responsible for maintaining electrical design and product compliance with all company and governmental regulations
- Customarily and regularly collaborates with other development teams/leaders and provide project planning and progress reporting.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have at least 10 years of hands-on electrical design experience in a mixed technical team (ME, FW, SW, etc.), preferably in consumer electronics industry
- Electronic system design
- Sensor and system integration experience
- Expert in op-amp circuits, analog Filters, interface circuits, and signal conditioning
- Circuit simulation (Spice or equivalent)
- Electronics hardware testing and debug (rework station, oscilloscope, analyzers)
- PCB Design, analog board design, analog systems design (EagleCAD, OrCAD, Altium, KiCAD, etc.)
- Electronic system RF emissions analysis
- Familiar with manufacturing technologies and DFM
- FCC Compliance and Design Standards
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent subject
- Familiarity with on-board power supplies, switching power supplies, inductive buck/boost converters, and Charge pumps
- Design of lithium ion charging circuits and state of charge measurement
- Familiarity with Analog/Digital signal processing
- Previous experience with electronics design and testing methods for low/high environmental temperature conditions
- Previous experience with electronics design and testing methods for high shock and vibration applications
- Updating requirements, specifications, and verification tests
- Firmware Design, 8 bit, ARM tool flow and debugger
- PCB Design: IS or ATEX Rating Compliance and design standards.
- Intrinsically Safe/Explosion Proof design
- Ingress Protection (IP) testing standards
- Experience in working with third-party technology component providers